We believe you always deserve a second opinion, so we’ve gathered a list of other websites that are geared to helping investors understand how investments work, which agencies govern the rules & what kind of protection they’re afforded.
- BetterTrades offers online education programs for self-directed investors to learn the ins and outs of investing in the stock and options market.
- Big Charts is a free service with easy-to-use investment research website, providing access to professional-level research tools such as interactive charts, quotes, industry analysis and intraday stock screeners, as well as market news and commentary.
- Bloomberg offers a network of financial data, news and analytics through innovative technology.
- Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF) - IPC Securities is a member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund. This website has a Frequently Asked Questions segment and details the protection afforded to our investors.
- Financial Consumer Agency of Canada is a federal government website that provides information on investment products and services to inform and protect consumers
- Financial Planning Standards Council a non-profit organization that promotes and enforces professional standards in financial planning.
- FundLibrary is a financial resource website targeted to investors that provides current performance data and research on investment funds, stocks and other financial products.
- Globefund is a website operated by the Globe and Mail that provides financial industry news, current performance data and research on investment funds, stocks and other financial products.
- The Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) is the national self-regulatory organization which oversees all investment dealers and trading activity on debt and equity marketplaces in Canada.
- Investment Fund Institute of Canada (IFIC): is a financial industry association that advocates for changes to the investment industry. It also contains a section for investors that provides educational articles and a glossary of investment terms.
- INO.com specializes in the US futures and options markets with trading tools, charts, publications, educational courses and other resources
- iShares Canada is a Canadian provider of exchange traded funds (ETFs) that trade on 20 exchanges worldwide. The site also contains an education section where investors can learn about ETFs and a wide range of resources for the informed investor.
- MarketWatch, Inc. published by Dow Jones & Co., this site offers business news, personal finance information, real-time commentary and investment tools and data, covering investment markets in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
- Morningstar Research Inc. offers data on approximately 433,000 stocks and mutual funds, along with real-time global market data on nearly 10 million equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities and precious metals.
- Stock Charts offers a number of self-serve charting functions for individual stocks on major stock exchanges.
- Stockhouse is a North American financial portal featuring news, analysis and opinion.
- The Canadian Institute for Financial Planners is a non-profit association of Canadian Certified Planner professionals. The site contains an investor section that has helpful links to other websites with information and articles.
- The Montréal Exchange is Canada's oldest stock exchange, dedicated to the development of the Canadian derivative markets.
Securing your Family's Future
Following the advice of a trusted advisor is shown to be a significant factor in building wealth and achieving investment success. Our team can provide sound advice and a Personal Wealth Management Strategy™ to guide & assist you & your family at any stage of life.